[Gambas-user] Documentation: Events not firing in dynamically instantiated forms.

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Nov 28 02:49:13 CET 2014

Le 28/11/2014 02:06, T Lee Davidson a écrit :
> On 11/27/2014 06:52 PM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
>> I have updated the 'Gambas object model' description on the wiki to
>> clarify the special behaviour of the Form objects.
>>
>> http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/object-model
>>
>> If you haven't read that document yet, I strongly suggest that you read
>> it and tell me if the explanations are clear enough for you.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> -- Benoît Minisini
>
> Thank you for updating that page, Benoît. I think it is quite clear
> regarding the behavior of "As Name".
>

> I had given it a cursory read it previously, and have just now read it
> more thoroughly.
>
> I did spot some typos, but I can take the time to fix those.
>
> There are some things that I do find confusing:
>
> A. "2.2. Default parent object (or default default observer)". Should
> that be simply, "or default observer"?

This is really the default default observer. The default observer is the
"current running" object where you create your new object. And a form
has a default for that, so you have to write the word default twice.

> B. 3.1. What is inherited: "You must use the ME keyword to access the
> inherited elements from the class inside." I think I understand what
> that ultimately means but am not exactly sure what the "class inside"
> would be.

I mean: ...from the class implementation code.

> C. 3.4. Inheritance and constructor: Regarding the order of arguments,
> it is stated that the arguments of elder classes are specified first.
>
> However, 'hMyListBox = NEW MyListBox("Name", hContainer)' appears to
> contradict this and the other examples. It, as far as I can tell, gives
> the argument of the younger class first.
>
> Should the syntax be, 'hMyListBox = NEW MyListBox(hContainer, "Name")'?

You're right, that is a mistake. The arguments of elder classes come
first. If you want to fix that too, you can do it.

Benoît Minisini