[Gambas-user] Gambas Markdown Syntax - Underlining

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at ...626...
Thu Nov 27 21:32:16 CET 2014

I don't see "Underlining" in the Gambas Markdown Syntax
(http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/markdown). But from looking at the code
for various pages, I see that tilde, "~", is for underlining.

I'd like to add "Underlining" to that page. But, to avoid the risk of
screwing something up by experimenting to get the answers, I'm asking here.

Are the caveats for "Underlining" basically the same as for "Emphasis"?

"Emphasis cannot be used in the middle of a word, nor alone in a word.

It will be treated as a literal asterisk.

To produce a literal asterisk at a position where it would otherwise be
used as an emphasis delimiter, you must escape it with a backslash (see
below)."

In other words, could "emphasis" and "asterisk" be replaced with
"underlining" and "tilde" in that text, and it would be correct?

--
Lee