[Gambas-user] Gambas Software Farm in revision #6676

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at ...626...
Wed Nov 26 19:12:57 CET 2014

On 11/26/2014 09:47 AM, Fabien Bodard wrote:
> I like the idea of a password, one could also imagine a password
> dynamic key. That is to say a calculated key and unique provided by
> the farm at the time of payment.

Yes, Fabien, that would be very handy for a marketplace.

But, my idea of protecting private listings with a password was not
intended to complicate the Farm platform, nor to try turning it into a
marketplace. If the Farm provided any access credentials at the time of
payment, then it would have to process payments -- and would be a
marketplace.

The idea was primarily intended to respect Benoît's declaration that the
Farm is not intended to be a marketplace while giving publishers, who
wished to do so, the ability to use it *somewhat* in that manner.

It should be quite simple in concept.
1. Publisher sets listing to Private and sets a password.
2. User wishing to have publisher's software follows publisher's URL.
3. Publisher handles all the rest through to providing the password.

Of course, if Benoît wants to make it more complicated than that, that's
up to him. :-)

--
Lee