[Gambas-user] Gambas Software Farm in revision #6676

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at ...626...
Wed Nov 26 12:05:29 CET 2014

On 11/26/2014 12:24 AM, Kevin Fishburne wrote:
> On 11/26/2014 12:02 AM, T Lee Davidson wrote:
>
>> Hence, my suggestion that it could be used as a pseudo-marketplace by
>> allowing publishers to make their listing private. The payment and/or
>> transaction details, access credential delivery, and level of on-going
>> support (free/paid) would be the responsibility the individual publisher.
>

> That's an interesting suggestion, but I'm not sure if it can be made to
> fit in with the plan to have the farm compile and install the
> application on the end user's system. If that's the farm's primary
> objective then it would be too late for a password-protective archive as
> the program would already be installed.

I don't see why it would be too late. The password-protection would
naturally come into play prior to the download/compile/install access
being granted.

>> Any publishers successfully using the Farm commercially could graciously
>> 'buy Benoît a beer', or three.
>

> True, I've even bought him a few beers myself, but I wouldn't build a
> business on that premise.

Oh, I didn't realize Benoît was trying to build a business from the Farm.

--
Lee