[Gambas-user] Desktop.Open [,Wait], what does it do?

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at ...626...
Sat Nov 22 20:49:29 CET 2014

Hi,

Desktop.Open is quite a handy utility. Thank you for that, Benoît.

But now can anyone help me understand what Desktop.Open, with Wait=True,
does?

The Gambas documentation does not say, and the 'xdg-open' documentation
gives no mention of it.

I thought perhaps it might cause Desktop.Open to wait until the opened
application terminates. But it does not.

I have tested it with Wait set to True and False, and with image and
text files. And, the only difference I see is that Wait=True causes only
a slight delay before Desktop.Open returns.

In both cases (True or False), Desktop.Open returns before the
application fully launches and becomes the active window.

One more thing to clarify. Am I correct in assuming that since it is
optional, the default would be False?

--
Lee