[Gambas-user] DnsClient not working?

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at ...626...
Fri Nov 21 23:06:09 CET 2014

Greetings,

Either I am doing something wrong, my network config is amiss (LAN with
DNS server set to router's IP), or DnsClient is not working.

Exec ["host", Domain] works. But, both DnsClient.GetHostName and
DnsClient.GetHostIP return null for a valid, resolvable host.

Project attached.

By the way, the documentation states that the default process mode for
DnsClient is synchronous. But, when I dropped the DnsClient control onto
the main form, the Async property defaulted to True. Does the
documentation need to be updated?

--
Lee

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."