[Gambas-user] Re-ordering menus

B Bruen bbruen at ...2308...
Thu Nov 20 00:39:14 CET 2014

On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 00:26:07 +0100
Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...> wrote:

> Le 20/11/2014 00:22, B Bruen a écrit :
> > Probably a silly question, but I'm just having a little think.
> >
> > Is there any way to programatically (i.e. dynamically) change the order in which a menu item appears in a drop down menu?
> >
> > regards
> > Bruce
> >

> Alas no, the toolkits do not allow that easily. You have to recreate the
> menu from scratch in order.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

Damn!  (It was a nice little "think".)

It came about from a comment from Felicity, our gui design expert, who said "How come we let the users configure the toolbars to their own satisfaction but they can't do it with menus?"  and several other things including "How about a user "Favorites" menu then?" etc etc.

Oh well, never mind.

regards
Bruce

--