[Gambas-user] problems in trie class

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Tue Nov 18 21:48:01 CET 2014

On Tue, 18 Nov 2014, Karl Reinl wrote:
> Salut Tobi,
>
> played with you trie example (trietest)

I'm glad to hear that :-)

> it crash if
> p = h.GetPrefix("texte") find nothing (p=null), even when change
> to p = h.GetPrefix("Texte")
>
> My change is h["texte"] to h["Texte"] (source attached)

Not so glad about that...

Did it really crash (i.e. segfault or abort or ...)? When I run the project
it stops at line 25 with the error "Null object" which is to be expected
because the prefix "texte" doesn't exist anymore after your changes. If I
change line 25 to p = h.GetPrefix("Texte"), then it runs through flawlessly
here.

If it really crashes, I need to know your Gambas version / revision and your
system specs, especially your 32- or 64-bitness. It would also help if you
provided a gdb backtrace and a valgrind log of the crash. Do you know how to
do that?

Regards,
Tobi