[Gambas-user] Progressbar_mousedown() does not work [solved]

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Mon Nov 17 07:20:57 CET 2014

Progressbar is just a drawingarea that dsplay a blue square ....so
putting a drawingarea  on another is not really the soluce

You can do :

' Gambas class file

Private OBS As Observer

Public Sub Form_Open()

  OBS = New Observer(ProgressBar1.Children[0]) As "OBS"

End

Public Sub OBS_MouseDown()

  ProgressBar1.Value = Mouse.x / ProgressBar1.W

End

> On 16. November 2014 17:14:35 MEZ, "Benoît Minisini" <gambas at ...1...> wrote:
>>Le 16/11/2014 15:31, Wolfgang, dl7nb a écrit :
>>> Hello all,
>>> I have tested with Gambas3.6.2. I placed a simple Progressbar and
>>tried:
>>>
>>> #####
>>> Public Sub ProgressBar1_Enter()
>>>
>>>       Debug "Here we are!"
>>>
>>> End
>>> #####
>>>
>>> Which worked perfectly. But
>>>
>>> #####
>>> Public Sub ProgressBar1_MouseDown()
>>>
>>>       Debug "Here we are!"
>>>
>>> End
>>> #####
>>>
>>> did never execute. What went wrong?
>>>
>>> Please help me....
>>>
>>> Wolf
>>>

>>It's because ProgressBar has be remade in Gambas, and then you don't
>>automatically get the standard events. Because controls made in Gambas
>>are always embedded into an invisible "UserControl" container.
>>
>>As I didn't think it would be useful to catch events in ProgressBar
>>(which is normally a read-only display control), I didn't enabled them.
>>
>>I will add them, so that things keep being as they were before, but I'm
>>
>>curious why you need to catch mouse events on a ProgressBar!
>>
>>--
>>Benoît Minisini

> I use it as a meter in an amplifier. The display is a touch screen and by touching it I want to open a control/setting window. Just a "point-to-set" feeling.
> I totally agree that in "normal" programs there is no need for such a behaviour. ;-)
> For now I placed a draw-area in front of the progressbar. The draw-area is empty and therefore transparent. Now touching over the ProgressBar does what is needed here. Just thought I had missed something.
> Thank you for answering so quickly!
> ...mobile message...

Fabien Bodard