[Gambas-user] New features on the wiki

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Nov 13 16:43:51 CET 2014

Le 13/11/2014 00:07, Tobias Boege a écrit :
> On Wed, 12 Nov 2014, Beno?t Minisini wrote:

>>> So how does it work? Is the documentation content taken from the .info
>>> files?
>>
>> Yes.
>>

> Do you think we can insert my scripts into the process of the wiki reading
> the .info files? They run over the whole source tree so that needs to be
> present. If so, I can upload them (to the repository?) this weekend I think.

No, the source tree may not beavailable on the wiki, only the *.info files.

Why not adding an optional "*.help" file that would come with the *.info
file?

This file could have almost the same format as the *.info file, except
that it includes only the help. Your script would have to generate that
file - I don't know what it does exactly at the moment...

The format is:

#<class #1>
<symbol #1>
'<Help line #1>
'<Help line #2>
'...
<symbol #2>
#<class #2>

Then either you keep your script, and you send me the *.help files so
that I put them on the wiki server.

Better would be having your script inside the source tree, and let it
run automatically on the C/C++ sources with specific Makefile.am rules.

That script can be written in Gambas. But then it will be run at "make
install" stage, once the interpreter has been compiled.

What do you think?

--
Benoît Minisini