[Gambas-user] I think I might have a corrupt project

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Tue Nov 11 21:30:09 CET 2014

On Tue, 11 Nov 2014, Martin McGlensey wrote:
> Tobi,
>

> Did as you suggested.
>

>   $ cd /your/project/directory
>
>   $ rm -r .gambas
>
>   $ gbc3 -ga
>

> Had to be root to rm the .gambas directory. Recompiled usin gbc3 -ga. Files
> in .gambas directory now show date of 11/11.

OK, unless you develop your project as root (which I would not recommend) or
have messed with your project directory as root (also not recommended), your
.gambas directory should NOT be owned by root and you should be able to
delete it without elevated privileges.

So maybe you were correct and your project is corrupted. But not the Gambas
project metadata (which is what I was referring to when I said "corrupted")
but the filesystem metadata.

> Errors still present. No change. If it's syntax. How can I find the
> offending code?

I can't tell. These "wanted X got function instead" errors are very subtle
but the runtime error should point you right into a code path where the
error is. But let's focus on the prior symptom first:

What about you create a new project (as your regular user!) and copy the
contents of the files of your existing project into that new project? Maybe
don't copy the files but really copy and paste the _contents_. It may take
you some time and it surely is an idiot solution but I'm curious if it
helps. If it doesn't, there is an error in your code or your installation.

Regards,
Tobi