[Gambas-user] I think I might have a corrupt project

Martin McGlensey mmcg29440 at ...3163...
Tue Nov 11 17:31:03 CET 2014

Hello,

Have a large Gambas database app that I have been developing over the past
year. It had been working well up until last night. I was adding a new form
and debugging an older one. Now I'm getting strange error messages. For
example - Message.Info("You are in bad trouble now!") gets "unable to load
image" error. Originally this project was developed under Gambas 3.5.X now
using 3.6.1 on Ununtu 12.04.

Worse than that this code, that had been ok before,  returns "Type mismatch:
Wanted Boolean got Function" on the line  Neighborhood.Connection =
modMain.$Con. The Query above the error works as it should. The connection
appears OK since the query works. It's only the DataSource Neighborhood that
errors out. This error occurs on all forms that have a DataSource object
regardless of its name or datatable. If I create a new project with the same
code, one form and datasource, and message.Info() it works. The problem has
to be in the project.

Is there any way too fix this? This is a large project with a database that
is large and confidential. So I can't send it. My backup runs OK but it is a
"read only" I cannot edit it. Can I change this attribute?

ModMain opens the connection to the MySQL database HOA_Data:

      Code in modMain

       Public Procedure Connect()

                $Con.Close()              ' Close the connection

                $Con.Type = "mysql"       ' Type of connection

                $Con.Host = "localhost"   ' Name of the server

                $Con.Login = "User"       ' User's name for the connection

                $Con.Port = "3306"        ' Port to use in the connection,
usually 3306

                $Con.Name = "HOA_Data"    ' Name of the database we want to
use

                $Con.Password = "XXXXXXXX"    ' User's password

                Try

                   $Con.Open()            ' Open the connection

                Catch

                   If Error Then Print Message.Info("Connection Failed")

       End

This code is common to all forms:

      Code in form_Open()

      Dim $Query As String

      Dim strTest As String

      $Query = "SELECT tblneighborhood.* FROM tblneighborhood;"

      modMain.$Result = modMain.$Con.Exec($Query)

      modMain.$Result.MoveFirst

      strTest = modMain.$Result!Last_Name

      Neighborhood.Connection = modMain.$Con

      Neighborhood.Table = "tblneighborhood"