[Gambas-user] Make Datacontrol act like textbox with password set to true

Martin McGlensey mmcg29440 at ...3163...
Mon Nov 3 21:45:47 CET 2014

Hello,

I need to have users enter a password into a data control. The password
should be hidden from view as the user types. This can be done in a textbox
by setting the password property to true. Nice but, there is no password
property for a data control. An old post by Bennoit suggests  the following:

Dim hTextbox As TextBox = MyDataControl.Children[0]

hTextBox.Password = True

The first statement returns error - "Wanted textbox got datacontrol"   Is it
=Datasource.Children or is it =datacontrol like Datacontrol4?

Maybe you guys could point out my mistake or suggest a better way. I'm using
Gambas 3.6.2 on Ubuntu 12.04.

Thanks,

Marty