[Gambas-user] Release of Gambas 3.6.1

Jesus ea7dfh at ...2382...
Sun Nov 2 18:46:55 CET 2014

El 02/11/14 a las 16:51, Benoît Minisini escribió:
> Le 02/11/2014 14:34, Jesus a écrit :
>> El 01/11/14 a las 18:40, Benoît Minisini escribió:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Gambas 3.6.1 has been released. It tries to fix (almost) all the nasty
>>> bugs reported after the 3.6.0 release.
>>>
>>> The list of bug fixes in the ChangeLog at
>>> http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/release/3.6.1.
>>>
>>> Enjoy it!
>>>

>> Some weeks ago:
>>
>>> I'm starting releasing 3.6.0, so your future translations will go in a 3.6.1.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> --
>>> Benoît Minisini
>>
>> It seems that updates of Spanish translations were not merged in 3.6.1.
>>
>> Perhaps you forgot to do this, or is there a reason for that?
>>
>> Yes, I know my changelog was too verbose and ugly ;-)
>>
>> Regards
>>

> No, the problem is that I can't know if the new translations can be
> merged directly or not.
>
> Because some of the translations can be part of a backportable bug fix,
> and some others can be part of a new development feature that cannot be
> backported. And translations files does not like to be merged...
>
> So the translation merge must be done manually with the IDE by taking
> the translations files from the /trunk and import them in the
> /branches/3.X. It's a big job if I have to do that for the IDE, all the
> components projects, all the examples...
>
> I need a solution to automate that...

Do you mean I could do it by updating 3.6 branch while maintaining trunk
apart with its new features? In other words, does it worth doing an
import of lang files only for the 3.6 branch? Or directly on 3.6.1?

If I could update 3.6.1, probably we have a chance to get Spanish
language updated in Sebikul's Beta PPA, but obviously, I need a clear
statement about what to do then.

It seems like branching overcomplicates language maintenance in this
very specific case.

Regards

--
Jesus Guardon