[Gambas-user] Questions on where *.webpage files should be put and how to call them

paulwheeler paulwheeler at ...546...
Fri May 30 16:54:14 CEST 2014

Benoit and Randall,

Thank you for  your replies.

Yes, Benoit, I understand how CGI works, and have succesfully used the http component to complete some needed transactions!

I now want to use the browser function to create a web page which will be used to send information to a server.

1) I have read the "WebPage Syntax",  "WebPage (gb.web)", and "WebPage.Main (gb.web)" definition  pages which talk about how to use the browser portion of the http component.
I have also looked in the "Examples" that came with Gambas3 and all of these: "How To...",  "Tutorials",  "Application Repository", "Code Snippets",  "README" and "Additional Gambas Components" sections of the help pages. I found nothing about a Wiki example. I also did not find anything about where to put the *.webpage files. Randall talked about the page being rendered in plain text. That is fine, because I am just using the web page to send information to a server and get back text which contains the information I need to continue the process.

2) So, I ask, again, "Where should the *.webpage files be put?" Randall thinks it "should be in your source folder".  Is that correct?

3) I am guessing that the answer to my question of:  "...how do I get the program to run that file by default" may be in the "WebPage.Main (gb.web)" definition, but I am not entirely sure how to write the call inside the "Main" routine. Do I just have  Main ()  main.webpage  end?

4) BTW: this link: "Make a web application by using CGI" on the tutorials page has a problem and only shows me the word "CGI"

Paul