[Gambas-user] extended Combobox

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at ...3340...
Mon May 26 12:57:34 CEST 2014

Am 26.05.2014 11:50, schrieb Benoît Minisini:

> There is a "DataComboBox" in gb.db.form that does that more or less. But
> I admit there is no a "ComboBox with a key".
>
> Maybe I should implement it, as many lazy :-) old VB users ask for that.

I did not program VB but VBA (used MS Access as db frontend for
Postgresql) for many years. That has a searchable combobox you can fill
with either a list or from database.

I'm not ready now*, but here is the code. I hope that's not too much
spaghetti...

Comboboxes in Linux usually lack the availability to search in by typing
the first few letters. That's very annoying. Good bad example is
pgAdmin3, when you create a new column in a table and want to choose the
type of that column you sometimes have to scroll a lot.

Instead of typing once "in" and get "Integer, Integer[]" with Integer
preselected ... and the rest available by scroll/(pg)up-(pg)down.

So I would like to have a generic searchable combobox ...

... and that is, as I imagine, what lazy VB programmers are looking for.

:-)

*Not ready: Fill in anything not in list.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur