[Gambas-user] extended Combobox

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at ...3340...
Sun May 25 23:48:48 CEST 2014

Hi,

Am 25.05.2014 21:12, schrieb Karl Reinl:

> I need an extended Combobox,
> no sorry I would like to have an extended Combobox,
> where I can add elements like
> .Add(Item AS String[,key AS Variant]),
> does anybody made that yet, and want to share ?

Funny. I started working with Gambas a week ago and saw, that the
existing ComboBox does not match my requirements. So I started to write
my own. It's not complete yet, but seems to become quite good and aims
to reproduce the behaviour of the MS Access Combobox.

One can fill it with the content of a table (rows, columns), decide,
which columns are displayed, one column can contain a index which the
ComboBox spits out in any way (for example for a db primary key – not
ready, and for me that feature is in question for now).

It is made with a TextBox and a GridView. If you enter letters in the
textbox they are compared to the data in the grid and if the first few
letters match, the grid becomes visible and offers the ability to choose
one of the offered options.

I'd like to share it under GNU-License when it is ready.

Problems I have with the thing in the moment:

1) I do not know, how to let the component (or specially just the grid)
fly over the others ... any advice would be highly appreciated ...

2) Currently it is a simple class, not exported, I have to learn, how to
do that.

Is there a common Gambas repository, where on can throw code like that in?

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur