[Gambas-user] Project properties - Version: Get from 'VERSION' file

Patrik Karlsson pata.karlsson at ...626...
Sat May 24 07:39:42 CEST 2014

Hi,

since I'm not that fond on the auto increment of version numbers getting
version from 'VERSION' file sounded interesting.

The problem was that it did not read from my VERSION file inside my project
directory, instead it was looking for the VERSION file at the same
directory level as my project.

Is this by design and convention?

Instead of having only my gambas project handled by git, should I also have
an extra "dummy" directory containing my gambas project directory, VERSION
file (and maybe some other gambas related files)?

/Patrik