[Gambas-user] Feature requests: More TextEdit functionallity

epost at ...3323... epost at ...3323...
Thu May 22 13:54:19 CEST 2014

Hi! Some time back I made some feature requests, but I think there was no
replies from you, and perhaps you missed it... so I dare ask one more time:

A feature that I think would have been really useful would be something like a
.RichTextInsert() method for the TextEdit control. This way it would be very
easy to insert HTML objects like tables, hyperlinks and so on at the cursor's
current position. To make this happen now, the only way I can think of is
inserting some plain text using InsertText, say {{newHTMLobjectHere}}, and
then replace that with RegEx.Replace(), or perhaps just Replace().

Also, I am quite sure that QT's TextEdit has some methods for handling tables.
Getting some basic table functionality in Gambas' TextEdit would be really
great, e.g. inserting/deleting tables, rows and columns, split and merging
cells. I believe this is already built into QT, no?

Best Regards
Erik