[Gambas-user] Compiling Gambas on an Allwinner A10 based system

Thu May 22 01:30:10 CEST 2014

> As a very general comment: gambas is a big complex program, compiling
> it is not easy even for seasoned Linux users. If you are new to Linux
> you are probably going to have a much better experience with
> pre-compiled binaries than jumping straight into compiling source.

I must disagree. In my experience there is no easier program to compile
than Gambas. Needed libraries are well documented and rest goes along with
standard process.

But if you can use PPAs (or some other binary source), then it is the most
convenient way.

Jussi