[Gambas-user] Compiling Gambas on an Allwinner A10 based system

Ian Haywood ihaywood3 at ...626...
Wed May 21 12:29:22 CEST 2014

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 9:25 AM, Jussi Lahtinen
<jussi.lahtinen at ...626...> wrote:

>> I've been trying to compile Gambas on a development board that uses the
>> Allwinner A10 SOC.  I know there is a build for the Raspberry PI, so it
>> should be doable.
I use a solidrun cubox (a tiny Israeli company making even tinier
computers), which is also based
on an ARM SoC. I can't help you on OpenGL (and there doesn't seem much
point on ARM) but I have got webkit and the rest
of gambas running fine.

>From your logfile the punchline is

configure: WARNING: Unable to met pkg-config requirement: QtWebKit >= 4.5.0
configure: WARNING: gb.qt4.webkit is disabled

which means you don't have the right development package installed,
it's called "libwebkit-dev" on
debian-based distros, dunno about the others.

If you are on a debian-based system, try upgrading to the latest
testing and then install gambas directly
("'apt-get install gambas3"), this *should* work as there will be
pre-compiled ARM binaries for gambas in the Debian repos.

Ian