[Gambas-user] Compiling Gambas on an Allwinner A10 based system

Bruce Cunningham bcunningham at ...3336...
Wed May 21 01:16:18 CEST 2014

Hello all,

I've been trying to compile Gambas on a development board that uses the Allwinner A10 SOC.  I know there is a build for the Raspberry PI, so it should be doable.

I think I'm very close, but I'm getting some errors, and it will not install.  The errors are related to OpenGL and WebKit.  I don't need either of these components for what I'm working on.

I didn't build the Linux OS on this board, and frankly my Linux skills are not that great yet (I'm learning quickly).

I've been a Windows admin and developer for 15+ years, and I'm coming to Linux from a Windows/VB6 background.  I really want to get away from anything Microsoft these days.  But, I have a project I want to build for an embedded device, and Linux/Gambas seems like a fantastic platform for me.  I would like to thank everyone that worked on building Gambas.  I gives us "old time" VB6 guys a way to move to Linux and be productive right away.

I'm attaching the log from the config/make/make install process.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce

Bruce Cunningham
Network Administrator
Sportif USA Inc.
(775) 359-6400  xt 132
bcunningham at ...3336...<mailto:bcunningham at ...3336...>