[Gambas-user] Feature request: Option to create .gitignore in new Project dialog

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat May 17 17:21:30 CEST 2014

Le 17/05/2014 16:40, Benoît Minisini a écrit :
> Le 09/05/2014 16:16, Patrik Karlsson a écrit :
>> I think it would be nice to just tick a CheckBox in the new project
>> dialog
>> to create a standard .gitignore.
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
>> /Patrik
>
> I want to automatically create a ".gitignore" file inside Gambas project
> directories, to ignore all files that must be ignored.
>
> Question: is the ".gitignore" file automatically ignored? Never ignored?

In revision #6272, a ".gitignore" file is automatically created when
opening a project.

If the file already exists, it is not erased. The IDE just writes inside
its own bunch of ignore patterns, using comments to delimit and
recognize it.

Tell me if it fits your needs, and if it works (I don't use git, so I
can't test).

--
Benoît Minisini