[Gambas-user] JIT problem

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Sat May 17 16:10:59 CEST 2014

On za, 2014-05-17 at 15:24 +0200, Roki wrote:
> Thank you Willie for your response. I still do not get any updates from
> the daily PPA
> Do I have to first uninstall Gambas, then re-install it?

First, are you sure you have the Gambas Daily Builds PPA and not Kendeks
Gambas 3?

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
should do the trick to get the latest revision.

If you did:
sudo apt-get install gambas3 (as suggested in the previous post)
and it says gambas3 is already the latest version you might have:
1. Bad internet connection
OR
2. Gambas3 from Kendek PPA installed (the stable version currently
3.5.3)

Please check your sources.list first:
sudo nano -w /etc/apt/sources.list

You should have this line in the sources.list:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/gambas-team/gambas-daily/ubuntu
YOUR_UBUNTU_VERSION_HERE main

YOUR_UBUNTU_VERSION_HERE should be replaced by your ubuntu version
(precise, quantal or such...).

If that is in not in your sources list, but the Gambas3 of Kendek is
(deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/nemh/gambas/ubuntu
YOUR_UBUNTU_VERSION_HERE main) you need to first close the sources.list
(ctrl + X).

Next remove gambas3 by doing:
sudo apt-get purge gambas3
sudo apt-get autoremove (just to make sure that packages that are no
longer needed are removed as well)

Next open the sources.list again and replace the entry in the
sources.list with the proper one for Daily builds. Make sure when
closing (ctrl + X) you save the changes.

Next step:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gambas3

That should get you the proper Daily builds.
You will know by starting up Gambas IDE and the version should be 3.5.90
(see attachement)

--
Kind regards,

Willy (aka gbWilly)