[Gambas-user] Fwd: gb.media v4l2 mediaplayer webcam image choopy

Sorin Alecu alecusorin at ...626...
Thu May 15 14:31:35 CEST 2014

Mr.Benoit,

As i say, I've use your code from MTest.module  from your Media example
which is in fact the same thing in gb.media ( using mediapipeline instead
of mediaplayer ) that is in the gstreamer code " gst-launch -e v4l2src
device =/dev/video0 ! 'video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480,framerate=30/1'
! xvimagesink " and the webcam it ok.

My project is to see permanently the webcam image on the screen and capture
some frame and saving on the disk at 10s pause.
Using the mediaplayer I can do this very easly, because this control, once
the pipeline is open, have a proprety mediaplayer.video.image that make the
capture job.

Using Mediapipeline (which don't have this proprety) I have to close and
open (play) the pipeline in order to give the control to gstreamer capture
command (using multifilesink, bla,bla..). Otherwise i'll have a busy device.
I've tried this, work fine but after few ( 16 ) close/open (play) cycles of
mediapipeline I've loose the image on the screen and I've receive the
message, I think from xvimagesink:
"Could not initialise the xv output"
The frame saving proccess still working but no video image on the screen.

Any help?
Sorin