[Gambas-user] Help Taskbar(form_panel)

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue May 6 22:28:45 CEST 2014

Le 28/04/2014 22:12, herberth guzman a écrit :
> Hi, I'm making a desktop in Gambas3  called Innova (everything was possible
> thanks to the help of Fabien Bodard) some widget (w_desktop, w_date,
> w_clock, w_calc, w_eject, w_PcInfo), Etc.
>
> I'm making a panel for my desktop and
> I need to know how to set a form type panel
> having top with the windows open. (EXAMPLE lxpanel, tint2, pypanel,
> razor-panel)
>
> my panel has
>
> show the window activates and active that you want
> closes the window that you want
> minimizes the window that you want
> embed systemtray (stalonetray)
>
> slope:
>
> form_panel pushes all the other windows down
> and its own system tray
>
> someone help me with the panel
> or please guide me.
>
> Beno?t Minisini
> Thanks for giving us Gambas3.
>

> Preview:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/innovadesktop/

At the moment this is not possible directly in Gambas, you must deal
with X11 window properties.

First read the standard if you haven't already read it:

http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/1.4/

It will tell you how a top-level window can reserve space on the desktop
like a panel, for example.

Some X11 specific things have been implemented in the gb.desktop
component, and in GUI components (gb.qt4, gb.gtk and gb.gtk3). But that
needs some clean-up:

- Every X11 specific thing must be removed from GUI component.

- All X11 specific thing must be put in gb.desktop, and in a way that
Wayland support can be transparently added in the future.

Once you have studied the standard carefully, just tell me, and I will
start to modify gb.desktop so that you don't have to do any call inside
the X11 library.

Benoît Minisini