[Gambas-user] gb.report question on setting printer to print to

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Tue May 6 21:55:35 CEST 2014

hi willy

the option is available since 3.5.3

Report.Print(optional MyPrinter as printer)

if printer is defined then the configure box will not show.

dim hprinter as new printer

hprinter.name = HP-LaserJet

report.print(hprinter)

> Hi all,
>
> I have this situation where I have multiple printers available.
> Say they are named HP-LaserJet (default) and HP-Color.
>
> I do not want a Report Preview but print directly to either one of both
> printers available to the system.
>
> Now most reports I made need to go to the default printer being
> HP-LaserJet.
>
> In Gambas I have a RprtPrintTo1 and RprtPrintTo2
> So next code will work and print the RprtPrintTo1 to printer HP-LaserJet
> (as it is the default):
>
> Dim hReport As New RprtPrintTo1
> hReport = New RprtPrintTo1
> hReport.Paper = Printer.A4
> hReport.Print
>
> But some reports (like RprtPrintTo2) are specific for the printer
> HP-Color (not being the default printer).
> Code below will send it to HP-LaserJet (default) instead of HP-Color.
>
> Dim hReport As New RprtPrintTo2
> hReport = New RprtPrintTo2
> hReport.Paper = Printer.A4
> hReport.Print
>
> How can I have the report printed to HP-Color? I can't find any property
> in Report that I can set the printer to print the report to and I don't
> want to use hReport.Preview. Documentation wasn't helpful either.
>
> Using Gambas 3.5.2
>
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Willy (aka gbWilly)