[Gambas-user] Gambas Datasource Control

Nigel Verity nigelverity at ...67...
Fri Mar 28 14:55:24 CET 2014

Hi

I have used Gambas very successfully in conjunction with a Sqlite database, but I have written my own procedures to exchange data between the  controls and the database. This provides great flexibility but does require quite a lot of code.

I am now experimenting with the use of the data-bound controls. I need to perform some validation before a record is saved, and require the option to abort the save entirely. The documentation describes a "BeforeSave" event for the datasource control which is just what I need. However, I can find no way of trapping this event as the IDE does not appear to provide the option of generating the event handler. I have tried inserting the appropriate code manually but it has no effect.

Grateful for any advice.

Thanks

Nige