[Gambas-user] TableView.Edit: Save event not triggered by ENTER key

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at ...626...
Wed Mar 19 23:59:23 CET 2014

In the Gambas3 Documentation at
http://www.gambasdoc.org/help/comp/gb.form/tableview?v3 it says:
"Hitting the ENTER or the RETURN key moves to the next cell like the
right arrow key. But if the end of the TableView is reached, the Insert
event is raised."

I surmised that this will trigger the Save event. But the ENTER key (on
the numeric keypad) does not trigger the Save event.

Is this and error in the Docs, or a bug, or something else I may have
missed?

Thanks,
Lee

P.S. On semi-related note, That page also says, "If the user modifies
the cell contents, then the Save event is raised, and you must actually
save the data during the Save event handler. This is not automatic!"

Not realizing exactly what, "save the data," meant, I called
TableView.Save from within the Save event to save the data. I got a
Stack Overflow error. Duh.

The data just needs to be written to the TableView cell as in
"TableView1[Row, Column].Text = Value".