[Gambas-user] 2 console questions.

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sun Mar 16 22:40:41 CET 2014

On Sun, 16 Mar 2014, ??????? ? wrote:

> > The only critical component that's missing is gb.qt4.webkit. As indicated
> > here[0], you need all the QT libs of version >= 4.5.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tobi
> >

> Oh, seems like I installed QT5 instead! :-(
> OK! I installed QT4 as well and here are the updated logs:
> (This time, Gambas is running, although some parts of it are
> disabled-not compiled. System specs are the same).
>
> http://pastebin.com/b6XbZyFQ
> http://pastebin.com/LWnji1pH
> http://pastebin.com/f3zfssGp
> http://pastebin.com/vFYPLPB7
>
> The problem remains the same.

These missing components are non-critical to the functioning of Gambas. If
you don't plan to use them, you don't need to compile them.

If you want them anyways, look at the link I gave you in the previous mail.
There you find the dependencies of all the components. Look up the missing
components and install the listed dependencies.

Note, however, that this may not be so easy as some distributions don't
provide recent-enough packages, like gstreamer 1.0. (I'm using Arch Linux
so I can only tell what I observed from dependency problems of other list
users around here.)

Regards,
Tobi