[Gambas-user] GB3 Editor: how to elaborate Editor.Lines (and CSTR behaviour)

Orionis linux at ...3345...
Sat Jun 28 22:32:07 CEST 2014

Hi, I'm starting to investigate this control. This is my first question, but
more will follow
I have an Editor called 'edit' loaded with some text; I want to recover each
single line to parse them.

This is an example of code:
[code]
Dim lineObj As Variant
Dim sRow As String

   For cnt = 0 To edit.lines.Count - 1
      lineObj = edit.Lines[cnt]
      sRow = CStr(lineObj)
   Next
[/code]
I get an "Type mismatch errror: wanted String, got  .Editor.Line instead" at
line 'sRow =...'
First question: why the CStr, which should accept a Variant, complies on
this value?

Later;
In the documentation I found this example:
[code]
Dim hEditor As Editor
Dim hEditorLine As .Editor.Line
hEditorLine = hEditor.Lines [ Line As Integer ]
[/code]
This is completely wrong from my test:
*Dim hEditorLine As .Editor.Line* gives an "Unexpected . "
Removing the initial dot (so, *As Editor.Line*) does not recognize the type

At the end: how can I get a single line as string from the Editor?

Thanks