[Gambas-user] creating gb.qt4.webkit pages using gb.markdown etc (quick question)

Randall Morgan rmorgan62 at ...626...
Sat Jun 28 07:15:14 CEST 2014

I am not quit sure I understand what you mean the best way to build the how
to form.

I use a web editor like Dreamweaver, Aptana Studio, etc. to create template
pages. These pages are stored in the project folder. I then load the data
needed to complete the page from a database, text or xml file. An entire
page of content can be loaded this way.

I hope this helps

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 10:02 PM, B Bruen <bbruen at ...2308...> wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Jun 2014 09:44:00 +0930
> B Bruen <bbruen at ...2308...> wrote:
>
> > some stuff that was probably not well expressed.
>
> So I will try again.  What we have is:
> * some text files in many of our projects that describe "how to" do
> something in that application
>  - by "how to" I mean stepwise descriptions of what actions need to be
> done to complete a "business" level activity that is supported by the
> application.  These activities are not capable of, say, being driven by a
> wizard control or similar as they involve external parties and may take
> hours, days, ... to complete.  The text files are there to provide (and
> this is really the best description I can give them) an aide-mémoire for
> the user's to go through the entire business activity.
> * up till now we have used these doc files internally to reply to user
> queries on these things, i.e. we reply by phone, fax or email with a "these
> are the things that have to be done" message.
>
> What I want to do is provide a do-it-yourself solution so the users can
> access the aide-mémoire files themselves. So it's sort of like a gambas
> help browser thing I am trying to build.  The aide-mémoire "pages" are
> fairly simple. A topic, a title and a list of the steps needed. As an
> example, to change the ownership of a registered racing thoroughbred, which
> is required by the "rules" here in Australia, the registered trainer must
> submit a paper or fax form of up to 20 pages length to the national
> registry organisation.  To prepare this paperwork could take the trainer an
> hour or so.  Our gambas application does this in a few seconds. The steps
> (manual) are:
> 1) prepare the ownership change form
> 2) submit the form to the registry
> 3) wait ... .... ... until the registry confirms that the change has been
> approved and registered, or denied, or queried ...
> 4) file the ownership papers appropriately.
> Our application takes care of 1,2 and 4.  But looks more like:
> 1) use menu item blah to prepare and submit ownership change documents to
> registry
>    * the horse owners records will be updated, but marked as "pending"
> 2) when the change confirmation is received, use menu item blah2 to update
> owner records
>   * the pending status will be removed and emails to the (changed) owners
> will be sent automatically.
>   * the new ownership schedule will be printed so you can file it
> appropriately.
> 3) if the change is denied or queried by the registry see the following
> how-tos:
>   * etc
>
>  And this is one of the simplest (haha) things one could imagine for the
> arcane and bureaucratic ways things are run here. (You dont want to see
> other examples.)
>
> So:
> I want to build a how-to form in our trainer application that (simply) has
> [...]

If you ask me if it can be done. The answer is YES, it can always be done.
The correct questions however are... What will it cost, and how long will
it take?