[Gambas-user] how to override opengl pkg-config requirements??? building gambas from trunk

B Bruen bbruen at ...2308...
Fri Jun 27 01:17:52 CEST 2014

On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 21:06:37 +0200
Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...> wrote:

> Le 26/06/2014 20:53, PICCORO McKAY Lenz a écrit :
> > i already compiled gambas 3.2 opengl module for lenny xorg 7.4 in
> > past, but now in 3.5 trunk seems gambas need pkg-config files to find
> > opengl requirements..
> >
> > i mean, if i have opengl and xorg on a custom setup as example...
> >
> > how can i override configure script to supply the opengl requirements?
> > due i got this on debian lenny (venenux 0.8):
> >
> > configure: WARNING: Unable to met pkg-config requirement: gl
> > configure: WARNING: gb.opengl is disabled
> > no
> > configure: WARNING: Unable to met pkg-config requirement: gl
> > configure: WARNING: gb.opengl.glsl is disabled
> > no
> > configure: WARNING: Unable to met pkg-config requirement: glu
> > configure: WARNING: gb.opengl.glu is disabled
> > no
> > configure: WARNING: Unable to met pkg-config requirement: gl
> > configure: WARNING: gb.opengl.sge is disabled

> Why don't you have the pkg-config files for the OpenGL library if you
> have pkg-config?
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

Elsewhere I received advice to delete ALL the pkg-config files on the system in order to get a non-gambas application to build properly.  Since I did that I have had no problems, neither with gambas3 nor other source builds. There is information regarding the "pains" of pkg-config in various places on the internet, check first for some related to your distro.

hth
Bruce

--
B Bruen <bbruen at ...2308...>