[Gambas-user] Requirements for compilation and installation

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Thu Jun 19 22:54:34 CEST 2014

On do, 2014-06-19 at 22:50 +0200, Willy Raets wrote:
> On do, 2014-06-19 at 22:26 +0200, Tobias Boege wrote:
> > On Thu, 19 Jun 2014, Willy Raets wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > The list with requirements for compilation and installation at
> > > http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/install seems to be missing some components.
> > >
> > > Could it be updated to meet the latest Gambas release?
> > >

> > As far as it concerns me:
> >
> >  - gb.ncurses and gb.openssl are listed,
> >  - gb.data and gb.inotify do not have any requirements.
> >
> > I think components without requirements don't need to be listed, no?
>
> I agree Tobi, no requirements no need to list them.
>
> I have recently seen gb.gtk3 appear as a component and it has different
> requirements as gb,gtk, but is not listed in the requirements for
> compilation and installation, so I had to do some investigations myself,
> to get it compiled.
>
> Having the requirements listed makes the search for the proper
> dependencies for a specific distribution a little easier :)
>
> Or maybe the list only meant for stable versions and not for trunk?

gb.openal is another one missing requirements.

Well, I guess we all experience that developing is more fun than
documenting our developments :)

--
Kind regards,

Willy (aka gbWilly)