[Gambas-user] gb.net.curl and SSL certificate

CJ lists at ...2828...
Wed Jun 18 19:29:18 CEST 2014

Trying to communicate with a web server via https and the HTTPGet example
but the
connection fails with error -1060 also if I disable certificate
authentication using...

  MyHTTP.SSL.VerifyHost = False
  MyHTTP.SSL.VerifyPeer = False

Found an old discussion about this issue where Jim couldn't get it to work
but thread
ends there...

    http://sourceforge.net/p/gambas/mailman/message/31259267/

Using the debug option I get the following back (IP# and host names
removed)...

  * About to connect() to xxx.yyyy.com port 443 (#0)
  *   Trying 194.XX.XXX.XX... * Connected to xxx.yyyy.com (194.XX.XXX.XX)
port 443 (#0)
  * successfully set certificate verify locations:
  *   CAfile: none
  CApath: /etc/ssl/certs
  * SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
  error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify
failed
  * Closing connection #0

If I use the curl command line tool with the "--insecure option" it works as
intended
and I get data back from the server. Reading the libcurl doc's I see there
is a option
to disable it as follows and wonder if this is what "MyHTTP.SSL.VerifyPeer =
False" do?

    curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, FALSE);

    Source: http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_setopt.html

[System]
Gambas=3.5.3
OperatingSystem=Linux