[Gambas-user] Why are colors not the same colors?

B Bruen bbruen at ...2308...
Wed Jun 18 06:58:17 CEST 2014

I'm (amongst other things) working on a way to "theme" our applications.

I use qtconfig to investigate.
If qtconfig GUI style is set to "Use desktop settings" then the following problem does not occur. But if I set to to something like Cleanlooks then there is a slight discrepancy between things.

For example, say I have the qtconfig "Window Background" set to RGB(212,208,200) then the default form background gets set to RGB(212,208,200) but if I set (for example) a textbox Background property to "Background" then it seems to be lighter (see attached). Even if I set it explicitly to RGB(212,208,200) it still renders in this lighter color.

This is making it extremely difficult to develop a theming component.

??? Why is it so? ???

Bruce (not happy)

--
B Bruen <bbruen at ...2308...>