[Gambas-user] DirChooser does not see symlink'd directories

Randall Morgan rmorgan62 at ...626...
Thu Jun 12 21:18:17 CEST 2014

I reported this maybe two weeks ago....

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Tobias Boege <taboege at ...626...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently (maybe it was yesterday?) rolled an overdue Gambas update and I
> just noticed that the IDE won't let me browse to my projects directory
> anymore which I like to access through a symlink on my desktop.
>
> Seems like the Dir-/FileChooser are the root cause. The attached project
> will create a symlink /tmp/tmp-link which points to /tmp and point a
> FileChooser to /tmp. On my system the symlink is shown as a file and is not
> "enter-able" like a directory would be. Screenshot attached.
>
> Before, symlinks that point to directories showed up in the directory part
> of the FileChooser and were indistinguishable from real directories, i.e. I
> could click on them to enter the linked directory.
>
> Is this behaviour controlled by Gambas? I honestly don't know when I had my
> last Gambas update. Might be that a system update lies in between and
> libraries changed...
>
> Regards,
> Tobi
>
> --

If you ask me if it can be done. The answer is YES, it can always be done.
The correct questions however are... What will it cost, and how long will
it take?