[Gambas-user] qt4 not working like gb.gui?

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Jun 12 09:32:53 CEST 2014

Le 12/06/2014 09:00, Wolfgang, dl7nb a écrit :
> Hello,
> now that I have learned the gb.gui does not work for me I have tried qt4.
> To my surprise I can not set the backgroundcolor of e.g. Tabstrip (only
> a small area is in background color) or button, which has no background
> at all.
> Is this a bug or is this a feature?
>
> Wolfgang

The widget appearance of basic controls is not managed by Gambas, but by
the underlying GUI toolkit through the widget theme.

Many Qt widget themes don't allow to change the background color of
their buttons for example.

You are using the QGtk widget theme, which is a Qt theme that embed the
current GTK+ theme in QT. So the final appearance depends on the GTK+
theme used and on possible bugs in QGtk.

Just change your widget theme, and you will see that sometimes the
background color is taken into account or not, in some controls or
others. I didn't try every widget theme, so I can't tell you. I use
Oxygen only.

Benoît Minisini