[Gambas-user] Something strange just happened?

B Bruen bbruen at ...2308...
Wed Jun 11 03:32:44 CEST 2014

I created a new project "ctlbrowser" with qt4, and settings components. In the main form (renamed from FMain to FControlBrowser) design, I just added the Open and Close events and the code Settings.Read(Me) and Settings.Write respectively.

When I ran it, moved and resized the form, closed it and re-opened it, what I expected to happen, viz the form would open with the saved geometry, didn't. Its back at the top left of the screen and sized as per the IDE.

Further investigation revealed that in ~/.config/gambas3 I have a "ctlbrowser.conf#" file of 18 bytes length containing a normal looking Settings slot "[FControlBrowser]" but nothing else and a "ctlbrowser.conf.lock" file of zero bytes.

Deleting these files and then re-running the project just recreates the same situation.

Any clues? (rev 3.5.90 r6307)

Bruce
--
B Bruen <bbruen at ...2308...>