[Gambas-user] Form does not update during a debug session

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Tue Jun 10 16:58:04 CEST 2014

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014, Orionis wrote:
> Thanks Tobias, this is useful but it does not help me too much  with my
> particular problem.
> I mean: i have some tens of controls updates to check while debugging.
> Should I have to place a <control>.refresh  followed by a Wait after each
> single statement to be tested?

If you want output on the GUI: yes. Of course you don't need to Refresh()
and Wait after each change. Generally, Refresh() is not needed for most of
the controls because they can detect themselves when they changed (it's
different for a DrawingArea, e.g.). You simply change the controls and
then call Wait once immediately before the breakpoint. Then you get the
changed GUI.

Or, if you don't need the update on the GUI but just the changed data, you
can simply Print or Debug these values. Then you don't need Wait.

Regards,
Tobi