[Gambas-user] Webbrowser without gb.qt4??

B Bruen bbruen at ...2308...
Mon Jun 9 10:41:13 CEST 2014

On Mon, 09 Jun 2014 10:04:12 +0200
"Wolfgang, dl7nb" <dl7nb at ...17...> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> To display a html-file I would need the webbrowser from qb.qt4.webkit.
> That would be no problem BUT:
>
> My program grew of many month and is based on qb.gui (As it was a
> default when I started it)
>
> If I drop gb.gui to use gb.qt4.webkit (and gb.qt4)I get different
> looking forms and  my program does no longer work.
>
> Is there a way to display html files WITH gb.gui (in absence of qt4)?
>
> Wolfgang

Sorry,I don't have an answer for you, merely a comment.

Without going into specifics, your comment "If I drop gb.gui to use gb.qt4.webkit (and gb.qt4)I get different looking forms and  my program does no longer work." rings like a similar bell here too.  We are currently changing all our gb.gui projects to gb.qt4 in order to alleviate user complaints about the gtk situation across various distros. So:

Has gui independence now become economically un-viable?

Any comments, especially from Benoit.

regards
--
B Bruen <bbruen at ...2308...>