[Gambas-user] gambas tutorials / android

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sun Jun 8 21:35:41 CEST 2014

On Sun, 08 Jun 2014, Timothy.a.Case wrote:
> I am new to gambas, been coding for years,, php script... but, wanted to
> make some real programs for my zorin OS... is there any good places to
> learn from,,, is it easier to learn visual basic and then convert to
> gambas?

I can't say anything about learning VB per se but I feel like learning
different high level languages is governed by the triangle inequality:
you will need more time to take the stopover. And from what I've seen on
this mailing list, you will have more headaches if you go from VB to
Gambas than from zero.

It's said everywhere that Gambas is NOT "VB for Linux". I honestly don't
know how similar they are (in concrete use) but I'd guess it's not worth
the indirection.

Regards,
Tobi