[Gambas-user] Something has changed in Paint or DrawintArea?

Randall Morgan rmorgan62 at ...626...
Fri Jun 6 22:08:30 CEST 2014

I get an error on line 32 when I try to run this...

  Shell "mkdir -p /tmp/$USER/"
  Shell "DISPLAY=:0 scrot /tmp/$USER/fondo.jpg -q 100" Wait
Error -->  Me.Picture = Picture.Load("/tmp/" & User.Name & "/fondo.jpg")
 -- Unable to load picture
  Me.X = 0
  Me.Y = 0

Using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with latest updates.

Hope this helps

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 12:19 PM, Antonio Sánchez <introlinux at ...626...>
wrote:

> Hi! This program works in gambas3.4.2, but not in gambas3.5.3., what could
> be the reason?
>
> The program doesn't show any errors, but not paints anything.
>
> It's a program for using in screencasts, it paints over the desktop
> (freehand, circles, rectagles, shadow, arrows...). Really it doesn't do
> that, in a form without windowframe, only makes a screencapture, loads it
> in a DrawingArea (with the size of your screen) and paints over it with the
> mouse, but the trick works (worked fine until I updated).
>
> key r for do a rectangle
> key l for lines
> key f for arrows (flecha in spanish)
> key c for circles
> key e for elipses
> key o for shadow
>
> doble clic for quit
>
> Project attached.

If you ask me if it can be done. The answer is YES, it can always be done.
The correct questions however are... What will it cost, and how long will
it take?