[Gambas-user] Feature request: IDE

Patrik Karlsson pata.karlsson at ...626...
Fri Jun 6 10:43:37 CEST 2014

> Le 06/06/2014 09:52, Patrik Karlsson a écrit :
> > There are things in other IDEs/editors that I miss in Gambas and that I
> > think would be useful, not only to me.
> >
> > 1. Tab management
> > * Add close all from the view menu to the tabs popup menu.
>
> You can click on the little cross on the top left of the project tree view.

Ok, there you go! :) Since Im switching between IDEs and close all option
is common I still would appreciate it in Gambas too.

> > * Add close tabs to left
> > * Add close tabs to right
>
> Mmmf. Is it really useful?

Most of the time I find myself working constantly on 2-4 documents and
having many more others open at the same time. Those are the one I would
like to close with "close tabs to the right".

> > 2. Make shortcut for Horizontal and Vertikal split toggle.
>
> CTRL+H and CTRL+J don't work?

No, not for me. It just turns splitting on, not off.

> > 3. Insert an 'Edit' menu between File and Project with cut, copy, paste,
> > undo redo...
>
> OK. Maybe...
>

> > 4. Shortcut for delete current row
> >
> > 5. CTRL X cuts current row if nothing is selected
>
> As I'm running out of shortcuts, maybe I can merge 4) and 5) ?

Well, #5 puts the line on the clipboard and #4 should not. But if we got #5
I would use it for #4 too. :)

> 12. CTRL Shift W as default for Close all windows.

> CTRL+ALT+W is the shortcut.

Maybe it's just me but I have only come across CTRL Shift W for Close all
windows. Thats not a big problem, I have redefined it.

And may I introduce #13...

The ability to load and save custom shortcut configuration in style with
color theme.