[Gambas-user] Accessing the nth item in a collection

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Jun 4 14:51:49 CEST 2014

Le 04/06/2014 14:44, Jussi Lahtinen a écrit :
>> AFAIK, Collection is a hash table and of course, you cannot assume a
>> particular order of keys in a hash table.
>>

> That is my understanding also. But they always seems to be in order they
> have been added, when you iterate them with "For Each ...".
>
> What would cause the disorder?

There are in order by design (the hash table elements are linked both by
hash slot *and* insertion order).

But I don't guarantee that this non-official feature won't be removed.

Benoît Minisini