[Gambas-user] Gambas on Mac OS X/MacPorts

Patrik Karlsson pata.karlsson at ...626...
Tue Jun 3 17:43:00 CEST 2014

> [...]
>
> > I have read about getting Gambas running on OS X and while browsing the
> svn
> > log of Gambas I found the lines below.
> >
> > * NEW: Add support for the MacPorts distribution.
> > * NEW: it is now available for Mac OS X 10.8
> > * BUG: Fix detection of X11 for the control DrawingArea on Mac OS X 10.8.
> > * BUG: Fix compilation on Mac OS X 10.8
> > * BUG: Correctly detect architecture on MacOSX.
> > * BUG: Some files were incorrectly modified by Mac OS X changes.
> > * BUG: Fix compilation on Mac OS X and Linux.
> > * NEW: Search include and library files in /opt/local for Mac OS X.
> > * NEW: Search include and library files in /opt/local for Mac OS X. But
> it
> > * NEW: Make the component compile on Mac OS X with the qt4-mac port. The
> > * BUG: Use -fnested-functions only on Mac OS X.
> > * BUG: Make the "main" directory compile on Mac OS X.
> >  that things work better on MacOSX.
> > * NEW: Mac OS X is a FreeBSD.
> >
> > Since I'm on the Mac most of the time this is very interesting.
> > I could not find Gambas in MacPorts so I guess it is not ready yet.
>
> Gambas is not in the MacPorts tree and i think it will be never because
> the qt4-x11 port doesn't work. Indeed, this one isn't up to date. While
> macports will not
> provide an update to this port, Gambas cannot go into the macports tree.
> To make Gambas i use both MacPorts and Fink. Although i only use Fink to
> get
> a 11 version of Qt.
>
> Currently, Gambas 3 compiles on OS X 10.8.
> Right now, i see with Benoit to debug it at runtime.
> The Gambas compiler crashes on some language instructions. Why? I don't
> know.
> Once Benoit will fix it, i could declare officially Gambas ported on OS X.
> (i hope at less…)
>
> I'm the main contributor who (try to) port Gambas on others systems than
> Linux.
> If you have some questions about Gambas's ports, contact me.
>

> > How far has the project come?
> > Is there some kind of a time line?
> > How can I help?
>
> If you know good enough the OS X system, maybe yes i think you can help
> for Gambas.
>

> > I guess my knowledge is limited to compile, install and test it.
>
> Logically, the main things that you must know is how install MacPorts and
> Fink distributions.
> Then, install the packages needed to compile Gambas.
>
> That's all you need to do :) .
> When i wrote "add support for macports distribution" in change log, i
> added path to a basic installation
> of MacPorts so that any people can compile directly Gambas.
>
> However don't forget to add in your .profile file environment variables
> needed to that.
> Fink and MacPorts adds automatically some variables but not all.
>
> You can already download svn source code of Gambas and try to compile it.
> Normally, you don't meet difficult to compile it.

I tried building gambas on os x today and got some problem.
What do I have to do in order to make it work?

/Patrik

mbp:trunk pata$ LC_ALL=C gmake

gmake  all-recursive

gmake[1]: Entering directory '/Users/pata/temp/gambas/trunk'

Making all in main

gmake[2]: Entering directory '/Users/pata/temp/gambas/trunk/main'

gmake  all-recursive

gmake[3]: Entering directory '/Users/pata/temp/gambas/trunk/main'

Making all in gbc

gmake[4]: Entering directory '/Users/pata/temp/gambas/trunk/main/gbc'

  CC       gbc3-gb_error.o

clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-fnested-functions'

gb_error.c:94:3: error: function definition is not allowed here

  {

  ^

gb_error.c:126:3: warning: implicit declaration of function '_add_string'
is invalid in C99

      [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

                _add_string(pattern);

                ^

1 warning and 1 error generated.

Makefile:788: recipe for target 'gbc3-gb_error.o' failed

gmake[4]: *** [gbc3-gb_error.o] Error 1

gmake[4]: Leaving directory '/Users/pata/temp/gambas/trunk/main/gbc'

Makefile:446: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed

gmake[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

gmake[3]: Leaving directory '/Users/pata/temp/gambas/trunk/main'

gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2

gmake[2]: Leaving directory '/Users/pata/temp/gambas/trunk/main'

Makefile:427: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed

gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/Users/pata/temp/gambas/trunk'

gmake: *** [all] Error 2

mbp:trunk pata$

and with make...

mbp:trunk pata$ LC_ALL=C make

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make  all-recursive

Making all in main

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make  all-recursive

Making all in gbc

  CC       gbc3-gb_error.o

clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-fnested-functions'

gb_error.c:94:3: error: function definition is not allowed here

  {

  ^

gb_error.c:126:3: warning: implicit declaration of function '_add_string'
is invalid in C99

      [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

                _add_string(pattern);

                ^