[Gambas-user] IDE: "Entered text echo" not working as expected

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Tue Jul 29 22:27:08 CEST 2014

On Tue, 29 Jul 2014, Beno?t Minisini wrote:
> Le 29/07/2014 15:07, Tobias Boege a ?crit :
> > Hi Benoit,
> >
> > my project is a console one and has a prompt, so I tried to toggle the
> > "Entered text echo" button to "on". However, it will only echo when the
> > project is not running. But I wanted to see how a session would look like
> > if I would run the program from command line, without the IDE.
> >
> > Looking at the sources, Debug/FOutput.class, I see that Design.IsRunning
> > being True prevents the input from being sent (I verified this). I don't
> > know what "Design" stands for. Is this behaviour intended? If so, why,
> > and can we change it?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tobi
> >

> The output window is not a terminal. You must use "use a terminal" to
> check how your project run inside a terminal.

No, I don't need a terminal (emulator). I just want to see how it would
look if the user had typed in between my program's messages, so that I
can copy this text and say: "this is how a sample session would look
like". Of course, I could do it from a terminal with no effort but it
should work in the IDE, too.

All I want is the echo of what the user entered into the box. But it
doesn't show up when the program is running. Only when the program is
not running, I get the echo, which is what I find strange.

Regards,
Tobi