[Gambas-user] Playing Music

Randall Morgan rmorgan62 at ...626...
Mon Jul 21 07:53:26 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'm betting you are trying to play music with one of the audio file
options. But XML Sheet music is simply sheet music scores. Look up
http://www.musicxml.com/for-developers/ for information on the format for
instrument voices and notes.

You will need to convert the music scores to audio frequencies, attack and
delays. Not sure how you would do this in a gambas only program. However,
there are other linux solutions available. Perhaps others have more some
ideas?

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 11:30 PM, Dheeraj B <dheerajb.2020 at ...3358...>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I am new to gambas and programming as well,I got a project to do in my
> internship to play music from an xml,i am able to play a single music file
> but not from an xml sheet,and when trying with an xml sheet i am getting
> lot of errors and also iam not able to do that, Can any one pls help me how
> to play music from an xml sheet.
>
> Thank you.

If you ask me if it can be done. The answer is YES, it can always be done.
The correct questions however are... What will it cost, and how long will
it take?