[Gambas-user] IDE crash on autocomplete

B Bruen bbruen at ...2308...
Sat Jul 19 03:19:49 CEST 2014

On Sat, 19 Jul 2014 02:12:16 +0200
Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...> wrote:

> Le 19/07/2014 00:59, B Bruen a écrit :
> > I keep getting an IDE crash when typing Colo (see attached pic).
> > Clues: I have a class, Color, within this project. Its' purpose is to override the native gb.qt4 Color class (so I can't rename it).
> >
> > Any clues?
> >
> > tia
> > Bruce
> >

> I need the stack backtrace printed on the error output (run the IDE from
> a terminal to get it).
>
> Apparently the crash is a not-catched error while interpreting an help
> comment.
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

[bb at ...40... gambas3]$ gambas3
phControls3: LabelDateBox.ForceUppercase declared but not implemented
phControls3: LabelMaskBox.Alignment declared but not implemented
phControls3: LabelMaskBox.Maxlength declared but not implemented
phControls3: LabelMaskBox.Password declared but not implemented
phControls3: LabelRadioButton.TriState declared but not implemented
phControls3: LabelSpinBox.ForceUppercase declared but not implemented
phControls3: LabelValueSlider.ForceUppercase declared but not implemented
gambas3: warning: cannot set XDirChooser.Background property: CControl.GetRealValue.467: Unknown symbol 'DarkBackground' in class 'Color'
gambas3: warning: cannot set property: XDirChooser.Background = Color.DarkBackground
gambas3: warning: cannot set TextBox.Background property: CControl.GetRealValue.467: Unknown symbol 'DarkBackground' in class 'Color'
gambas3: warning: cannot set property: TextBox.Background = Color.DarkBackground
gambas3: warning: cannot set TextBox.Background property: CControl.GetRealValue.467: Unknown symbol 'DarkBackground' in class 'Color'
gambas3: warning: cannot set property: TextBox.Background = Color.DarkBackground
gambas3: warning: cannot set TextBox.Foreground property: CControl.GetRealValue.467: Unknown symbol 'DarkForeground' in class 'Color'
gambas3: warning: cannot set property: TextBox.Foreground = Color.DarkForeground
gambas3: warning: cannot set TextBox.Background property: CControl.GetRealValue.467: Unknown symbol 'DarkBackground' in class 'Color'
gambas3: warning: cannot set property: TextBox.Background = Color.DarkBackground
gambas3: warning: cannot set TextBox.Background property: CControl.GetRealValue.467: Unknown symbol 'DarkBackground' in class 'Color'
gambas3: warning: cannot set property: TextBox.Background = Color.DarkBackground
gambas3: warning: cannot set TextBox.Background property: CControl.GetRealValue.467: Unknown symbol 'DarkBackground' in class 'Color'
gambas3: warning: cannot set property: TextBox.Background = Color.DarkBackground
gambas3: warning: cannot set TextArea.Foreground property: CControl.GetRealValue.467: Unknown symbol 'DarkForeground' in class 'Color'
gambas3: warning: cannot set property: TextArea.Foreground = Color.DarkForeground
(**** Everything above occurs before any text is typed ****)
(**** Regardless of the above and even using a class that does not use the missing color, I still get the crash as soon as I type Colo ****)
Markup.ConvertLine.421: Unexpected end of line
(**** This is the only backtrace line in the console output when I type Colo ****)

and ignore the phControls3 output, they are for an unrelated form that is using some of our custom controls.

I'll stick a couple of debug lines into Markup.ConvertLine and get back to you.

rgrds
Bruce

--
B Bruen <bbruen at ...2308...>