[Gambas-user] Color

B Bruen bbruen at ...2308...
Fri Jul 18 02:58:52 CEST 2014

On Tue, 15 Jul 2014 15:07:40 +0200
Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...> wrote:

> Le 15/07/2014 00:52, B Bruen a écrit :
> > 4) Some controls, e.g. DirChooser, don't set the background color
> > according to the Background property. It seems to set the background
> > color of the bar at the top of the chooser.  Is there any reason for
> > this?
>
> Yes, DirChooser is a compound control, so if I do nothing, the
> background color is not taken by the inner controls that uses the system
> TextBackground color (for example).
>
> I have to fix the controls case by case (i.e. decide which part of the
> compound control should take the global background color).
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

In this specific case, but probably influenced by our local needs, I think that the background of a compound control should be the "bulkiest area" of the control.  But then again, a design rule could be : the area that the user's eye is/should be naturally drawn towards in the majority of uses.

But, whatever.  Since the majority of controls that we use here are very stable, I will probably take the line of creating our own custom versions. (Just another fight with SVN conflicts... :-( ) .

regards
Bruce

--
B Bruen <bbruen at ...2308...>